GamStop is exclusively available to bettors in the United Kingdom. It is a straightforward yet efficient self-exclusion platform. This implies that a gamer will go to official sites not on Gamstop and register an account. He can select the term of the self-exclusion plan once he creates the account. There are three options: six months, one year, and five years.
A user can select any duration they want however it won't affect online poker rooms not on GamStop exclusion as they're based in offshore jurisdictions. The goal is to have enough time to deal with gambling or gambling addiction and resolve the problem. Once the problem has been resolved and the self-exclusion period has elapsed, the user can deactivate his account and resume betting and gaming. It is important to note that you must contact GamStop customer service to get the ban removed.
GamStop - A Hit Or A Miss?
One of the most pressing concerns is the effectiveness of GamStop. First and foremost, it is quite effective. This platform is required to be available on all UKGC-licensed betting and gaming websites. In other words, if a betting site wants to obtain a license from the United Kingdom Gambling Commission, it must have GamStop. This license will allow them to provide games to gamers in the United Kingdom. There are several sites that support GamStop, and more ones are constantly being added.
It is essential to note that GamStop is not the only system of its sort; there are others, but for today, let's focus on GamStop. One thing that all users should keep in mind is that the self-exclusion period cannot be cancelled until it has expired. There is no way for it to happen, and neither will customer service be of any help in this scenario. After all, the idea is to have enough time to deal with a gambling addiction or a similar issue. Removing the self-exclusion feature whenever you want will render the platform unusable. Another thing to keep in mind is that GamStop does not cover all online betting and gaming sites. GamStop has no effect on such sites, and they will remain accessible at all times. Some of them have their own, comparable blocking mechanisms, but others do not utilise any form of the system at all. It's worth noting that these sites are also popular in the United Kingdom, and they're a lot of fun to use on a regular basis.
When you're through with the self-exclusion plan, you may deactivate it and access to all UK sites will be restored. All of your old accounts may be accessed again, and you can gamble as usual.
Non-GamStop Poker Sites: Pros and Cons
Of course, not all poker sites online are guarded by GamStop and this has both pros and cons:
Advantages of Non-GamStop Poker Sites
Poker sites that are not prohibited by GamStop have a lot to offer. These are the major benefits, but there are others as well. In a word, these websites are highly valuable and significant at the present, owing to GamStop's large online presence!
- Serve Banned Customers: The first and most important advantage is to accommodate blocked customers. These websites allow you to bypass the GamStop software. Despite your GamStop self-exclusion, you may play poker or any other game without any problems or inconveniences.
- Trends to Follow: There are several new poker sites that aren't on GamStop that provide a contemporary user experience and, more importantly, a plethora of poker types. You may enjoy the most recent trends relating to new deals, promotions, online games, and so on.
- Work Permits in Europe: These sites are often known as European poker rooms. They have or utilize European gaming licenses and are legally available to UK gamers. For you, this means increased security and the knowledge that you have a complete set of rights at your disposal at all times.
- No Lengthy KYC Procedure: They often have easy or no authentication, which irritates the majority of poker players.
Drawbacks of Non-GamStop Poker Sites
- No Supporting Program: These sites are not on GamStop or any other comparable network. Casinos that are not insured by GamCare are unable to offer a support programme. Other casinos do provide other forms of these applications, which some players employ.
- UKGC Does Not Regulate: These are mainly non-UK poker sites, which means they are not licensed by the United Kingdom Gambling Commission. They do, however, have a valid gaming license. The UKGC poker regulations are designed to safeguard players and guarantee that their rights are always available.
- Don't Accept PayPal Payment: PayPal casinos that do not accept GamStop are quite unusual. You will have to use another method, such as another e-wallet, a bank wire transfer, or a card. Fortunately, the majority of these accept bitcoins.
- Independent Poker Operators Aren't the Best: Independent poker operators aren't the finest. They may provide smaller bonuses, less attractive customer service, or a lack of a VIP program that is particularly useful to high rollers. However, the majority of gamblers are unconcerned about these risks.
A Concluding Thought
GamStop is a self-exclusion program that can assist you with gambling problems. Gambling and betting will become inaccessible at all UK gambling sites once enabled. Only after the time limit you set will you be able to play and enjoy games again. There is no way to eliminate the self-exclusion before it lapses unless you gamble on betting sites that are not GamStop platform members.